Saturday 28 January 2012

cooking with modern technology

There is something really great about living in our generation.  We have such advanced technology in the kitchen, from stand mixers, to induction stove tops, to now even convection ovens for the home, or "modern cook" as its so beautifully put in commercials and ads.

But how much do we really appreciate modern technology especially when it comes to cooking and food?

Well, I recently redid my kitchen and yes I bought a new oven and stove, and using the limited space and money I had, I of course could not go with a commercial 6 burner gas stove and oven.  Nor could I get myself a alto shaam, or combi oven (an oven that uses both dry and moist heat to cook), however what I could get I definitely did get.  Why, because now it is easier for the "home cook" to cook at home, like the top chefs do in the restaurants.  Well at least from a technology standpoint.

Companies like Cuisinart, kitchen aid, and of course sous vide supreme, have made it easier to cook at home.  Now in my kitchen I have lots of machines, and each one has its own purpose, just like my knives.  So I bought myself the new samsung convection oven, and to be honest the convection setting is the only setting I use.  Because it cooks all my food evenly, just like my sous vide machine.  The sous vide machine sits on the counter takes up less space than a microwave, uses less electricity then the oven, and the food tastes devine.

Technolgy really is a great thing, and living in an era where we can live healthy, by cooking healthier as well...well I'd take my sous vide supreme over an IPad, or smartphone any day.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment