Wednesday 21 December 2011

Sous Vide supreme

Not sure how many people know what Sous Vide cooking is or how it is done, so I thought I would make a blog about it explaining in detail how it is done and what the benefits are to cooking sous vide as well as guidelines and recipes as I go along.

I am writing this blog not only to help educate people about sous vide cooking, but also an outlet for me to share my passion with fellow chefs and people who love food in general.

As my first post I should probably make it clear that I am not writing this blog to endorse or solicit any business for any company in particular, these are just the companies I have simply used for cooking.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me as I would be more than happy to share my experiences and give advice where possible.

A bit about me:  I am currently the Executive Chef at Lechaim catering in Toronto, Canada.  Way before joining Lechaim, I was a student at George Brown College, Culinary school in Toronto where I graduated from.  From there I worked a s cook in both country clubs and in restaurants before embarking on the trip of a life time, living for just under a year in Europe.  I worked most of the time in Lyon and Strasbourg France.  I did though work for about 1.5 months in Italy, volunteering on farms, simply because I believe a person needs to know where his food comes from in order to appreciate teh hard work its takes to grow is, as well as 1 month in Germany.

When I came back to Toronto, I did some consulting work at the Palace Pier, as well as worked as Executive Chef at Stout, a Gastro pub in Cabbagetown which won best pub in Toronto for 2011.

All this is just a prefix, and a first entry to get to know who I am and what makes me so passionate about food.

Yehuda

No comments:

Post a Comment