Thursday 22 December 2011

Sous Vide supreme

So I got a Sous Vide Supreme machine for my birthday, and The very next day I cooked dinner using my new machine.  I cooked a delectable chicken breast in it at 145 C for about 45 minutes, I kid you not, this was the best chicken I have ever eaten. 

So in a bag I put my chicken breast, a bit of wine, some herbs and a touch of spice and voila, 45 minutes later I had a tender chicken breast that was moist from end to end.

Now heres the beauty of this machine.  Unlike the gadgets from, say Polyscience, which don't get me wrong, they make some great machines that can and do enhance the flavours of your food, (thanks for chef Grant Achatz as well), however I find those products are more for commercial use as in restaurants, for the sole reason that you need bigger pots or containers to use the Polyscience machines.

Anyways still to come I am in the process of cooking a meal 95% cooked sous vide.  The 5% not cooked sous vide is a cake for dessert.

I will explain how everything is done, the times for cooking and of course some more background information on cooking sous vide.
yehuda

No comments:

Post a Comment